Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I Have an Epiphany Craft in the Making


Years ago, I bought this gold box with Frankincense and Myrhh, in a Catholic catalogue, in an effort to find traditions to celebrate Epiphany, but, other than let the children touch and smell them, the idea fell flat. Then, Isabella suggested we decorate treasure chest type boxes, like the one in "The Nativity Story" to place the gifts in. . . and a craft was born.
I'll post them as we work on them, but, right now, I'm envisioning velvet-lined interiors, and richly painted, jewel-encrusted, gilded exteriors.
Quite a step up from the macaroni-decorated wipes boxes I had my daycare children fashion into jewelry boxes for their mothers one Christmas!
My three girls are the perfect number to take possession of one box each, and make them not only works of art, but also works of love.

Let's see what happens, now that we have more time on our hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love what you and your family do!