Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Do you wear a veil?

Adoro te Devote has a thoughtful post on wearing veils in church.
I have a veil in my purse, and wear it to Latin Masses, but when I try to wear it on regular Novus Ordo Masses, my girls get embarrassed, so I refrain, even though I'd prefer to wear it. I love the sense of modesty and respect which the veil carries with it.

Quite the opposite from Adoro, however, I must admit one of the less than noble reasons I want to veil my hair is that it's not as pretty as it used to be, and the veil covers it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

With the cold weather you have a good excuse to wear a hat! Especially in the winter we curly heads have trouble with the dry air and the more fussing we do, the worse it gets. Today I wrapped my scarf around my head and I happen to think the look is timeless. There are also nice little felt hats that aren't too obtrusive and could be worn in church.