Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome Drew Mariani listeners!

It was my great pleasure to share with you my story of Christina's prayer to Our Lady in my time of need today as part of the Marian Retreat on the Drew Mariani Show.

Its a beautiful and humbling experience when our children's relationship with God takes wings. It was Christina and the Blessed Mother who spiritually carried me through the ordeal of my mother's suffering and death.
Remembering that Our Lady was calling Mom home helped me to see her hand in Mom's life and death. She suffered with Mom and taught Mom to offer up her sufferings for her nurses, her family and anyone she met. Priests left her room saying that she inspired them, and Mom was anointed many times before she died a happy death, after receiving Our Lord in Holy Communion, surrounded by her family just before the Hour of Mercy on a Friday. We prayed her on her way to God with the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

I told Christina that Grandma went to live with Jesus and she seemed to understand, nodding her head. I am so grateful that Our Lady sent me a little angel whom the world often rejects to lead me through the valley of death into the light of faith.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: