Thursday, March 1, 2012

World Down Syndrome Day


“Human genetics can be summarized in this basic creed; In the beginning is the message, and he message is in life, and the message is life. And if the message is a human message, then the life is a human life”.


March 21 is World Down Syndrome Day and to raise awareness of the beauty of our children, I will be posting each day of March, with a photo of Christina and a quote by my hero and future saint, Dr Jerome Lejeune from the pamphlet "21 Thoughts" available to you if you leave your email address below.

Daddy and Christina eating Sunday dinner in March 2011
His cause for canonization opened on my birthday, June 28 in 2007, and has now gone from the diocesan fact collecting phase on to Rome, according to this article from Zenit. We need two miracles for him to be canonized folks, time to pray for the good doctor's intercession for your loved ones. It has to be for a cure which can be measured, so I am going on record to ask for Dr Lejeune to pray for a cure for Christina's vertebrae, that they go from the misshapen mess, missing the left side of the C5 vertebrae, to perfectly healthy. This would be a tremendous cure, and would be easily notable with a simple x-ray that anyone could interpret. Imagine what a wonderful miracle that would be?!
Please join me in prayer for Christina.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting blog post, Leticia. Thanks for letting me know about World Down Syndrome Day. I'll mention it on upcoming podcast --especially since I have an interview with another Catholic author who wrote a trilogy of books whose main character has Down Syndrome. Stay tuned to SpecialChronicles.com.

Leticia said...

That's my friend Sherry Boas, author of "The Lily Trilogy". I can't wait to hear her podcast.